And truer words than these were never spoken.

“No more,” indeed.

Aunt B says “No More:”

Since it’s more important for the old guard to be gloating jackasses than to do actual Democratic outreach, they have completely missed the shift among some previously neutral or enthusiastic young people towards the TNDP. But because I am already an asshole, I will tell you straight up. Old guard, there’s some coalition building you could do with your young people, if you’d put down the “Oh my god, those idiots and their love for Chip Forrester. How can we run them out of the party this week?” People have come away from this year with the impression that there’s no support for candidates in small races, no support for people who aren’t in the “right” districts. If that’s not also your strategy, you might could find some new allies.

Newscoma says,”No More:”

So here is my take on what happened. Liberal Tennessee bloggers took an ass-kicking for being passionate. Our message of unity for the party was minimized. And there were rumors that the attacks came from members of my own party although I have no proof of that. I have to tell you, I was really shocked and I hope that’s not true.

Let’s just say I had to take a break about what’s going on in this state’s party politics. The sad thing I’ve seen is that it’s almost like a frat keg party these days though and everyone who’s blasting back a bad draft beer isn’t anticipating the hangover their going to have tomorrow morning.

Because that’s what’s going to happen if we keep this up come election time.

We have to get it together, campers. So, some of us are taking our concerns offline which honestly, in some ways, means we are probably getting more done than fighting trolls. We shouldn’t feel that we have to do that though.

And there are new fresh faces and blogs out there that want to be a part of the big picture. I feel like, at times, I lost my line of vision on that. We need them.

And THEY haven’t taken their eyes off the prize. So make them welcome. I’m saying that to everyone. The TNDP and the folks who hate the TNDP right now who are still democrats. The mission should be about the principles of the party and not the personalities.

Steve Ross says “No More:

Anyone who thinks the issue with Democratic Institutions in Tennessee, from the TNDP down to the lowliest of lowly county parties falls on the shoulders of one man or woman is trying to deflect blame from someone who probably REALLY deserves it, that someone either being them, or someone they support. The truth of the matter is that they all have issues that have been around longer than I’ve been paying attention.

I could go on and on about all the crap that shoulda, coulda, woulda, but I’d just be rehashing posts from last November through February, so if you want to know what’s wrong, go back to those posts and apply it to just about everything that has a “Democratic” anything to it in this state, including myself.

In all seriousness, there have been some baby steps in the right direction, but from the TNDP and the Caucus organizations down to the county parties it’s just not happening fast enough.

Heck. Even Kleinheider says, “No More:” (Wait. What?! – Ed.)

But these voters, unlike their tea party activist manipulators, don’t give a damn about Edmund Burke, Ludwig Von Mises or Ayn Rand. They
want jobs and a government that makes sense to them — that’s it. As long as Democratic candidates don’t explicitly agitate their culturally conservative sensibilities and can deflect the appeals Republicans make on those hot-button social issues, these voters can be won over with economic arguments.

No more. No more. No more.

You think you can scare away Tennessee’s new breed of progressives? Go ahead, try. Sling your best mud and your best lies, you cowards. While you hide behind your anonymous troll pseudonyms, we’ll all be here (well, except for Kleinheider – he’s just right) out in the open working for the values, principles, and policy directions important to all Tennesseans and not just a select few.

• Share/Bookmark

13 Responses to “It’s a New Dawn, It’s a New Day, It’s a New Life.”

1. Mary Mancini says:

Robert, 9/11 changed many people. Some for the better. Some not so much for the better.

2. Robert Ritchie says:

Ron Silver (remember “FahrenHYPE 9/11″) must have really gaged a couple of times before he managed to get the taste of those lines out of his mouth…

Ron Silver
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. Mary Mancini says:

Mmmmm…I love duck. Especially Duck a l’Orange. But not because I was born in France. And I love football. Because that’s favorite sport of all us real Americans.

I’m also a card carrying member of Tennessee Right to Life ’cause they believe in preventing unwanted pregnancies through age-appropriate reproductive health education and access to affordable birth control, right?

4. GoldnI says:

I want to know if the rumor I just started on Twitter is true. Is it true that Mary Mancini is personally responsible for the Titans 0-6 start to the season, by her refusal to clone Chris Johnson and by receiving money from Jeff Fisher to tell everyone that of course Kerry Collins should continue to start over Vince Young? Is it true that Mary arranged for an early snow that day in Foxboro to ensure a 59-0 loss to the Patriots? Is it true that Mary prevented Chris Johnson from breaking the rushing record yesterday by paying the ref to make that holding penalty?

Why does Mary Mancini continue to duck the legitimate concerns of all Titans fans?

5. Scott says:

And why won’t you show us your birth certificate, Mary?

6. Aunt B. says:

Wait. So you are for real accusing Mary of writing copy for the Tennessee Right to Life people?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Mary, what next? When will you answer questions about whether you kick dogs for Michael Vick? Will you not refute rumors that you hate music and regularly burn ever CD that comes into your house?

Why do you duck those questions, too, Mary? Why?!

7. Anonymous says:

Mary continues to duck a simple question.

8. benintn says:

To anonymous: In this venue, will you tell us who you are? Also, how long have you been beating your children?

9. [...] Truly Disappear Posted on January 4, 2010 by Aunt B. So, if you’re going to accuse Mary Mancini of writing the abysmally stupid and hilarious cloning piece for the TNDP, please remember people can still see it. So, either Mary Mancini is writing copy for the Tennessee [...]

10. Aunt B. says:

Um, is this a real question? Because that human cloning piece was from the Tennessee Right to Life folks, wasn’t it? That’s what it says on the piece.

So, is the accusation now that Mary took money from the Tennessee Right to Life folks to come up with the wording on the piece? Or is it that Mary took money from the TNDP to come up with the wording for the piece and that wording was passed along to the Tennessee Right to Life people, who then used it?

Because I’m having a hard time imagining Mary writing for the Tennessee Right to Life folks. And if you’re insinuating that the Tennessee Right to Life folks let the TNDP dictate the content of their mailers… Whew doggie, if that turned out to be true, that would be hilarious.

11. Mary Mancini says:

Anonymous, in this venue will you stop being a coward and hiding your identity?

If folks don’t know what’s going on, go read the comments in this Post Politics blog post and you will understand why I refuse to respond to the questions of these anonymous commenters such as these.

Whoever they are, the anonymous commenters at Post Politics – Harrison, Dr. Jellyfinger, Heatseeker, et. al. – are cowards who would rather tear apart the hard work of the progressives and Democrats who are working hard to make a better life for all Tennesseans.

No more.

12. [...] » It’s a New Dawn, It’s a New Day, It’s a New Life.Posted 87 minutes [...]

13. Anonymous says:

In this venue, will you answer the question about whether or not you authored the Human Cloning piece that was part of the Ty Cobb campaign?